Monday, August 25, 2008

Trip to Kota Bharu

The Twin Terrors that roared the streets of Jabor
DAY 2

Rise and shine..
It is always good waking up in Kuala Terengganu. Maybe to fact that Nasi Dagang was served on the table. Hehe.. I've always fancied the Nasi Dagang that is sold somewhere near Kg. Atas Tol's junction.

I was greeted by Mak Tok (Nunni's granny) and Abah in the morning. I felt good seeing Mak Tok was still in good shape. We chatted for several minutes, catching with each others issues and such. Next, I began to tour the newly renovated house. Everything was really beautiful, from the wooden floor up to the still-under-construction pool outside. Even the Plasma TV was magnificent! It was sad that we could only spend little time there as we needed to pursue our journey to Kota Bharu. At about 11am, we continued our journey.

Snap shot with Mama and Mak Tok

We decided to take up the coastal road to Kota Bharu. Since it was both our first experience driving in the East Coast, we had little clue on our route.

"Takpe, kita ikut aje signboard."

The journey to Kota Bharu was accompanied with many tracks, started with Trilogi Cinta by Saleem. I was quite surprised that both Amir and Yuyu knew this number. Amir further elaborated about the 'drama' behind this song. Oh my, indeed he knew this song very well. After few more numbers, I decided to slot in KRU's (remix) CD, and to my delightment, everyone was at the top of their lungs! Nunni, Amir, Yuyu and myself (of course) were singing each and every songs in that CD. Haha.. it's the power of the 80's babies, as we grew up listening to KRU.

"Aku rasa choice lagu kita lebih kuranglah Amad," said Amir. Oh yeah, and from that moment, we continued to sing every number that was played. At least I had a companion while driving.

No comments: